Monday, September 14, 2015

Something Unexpected

Something unexpected is taking place behind the scenes. It's something I didn't even think about. Something that could happen because of the "Portrait of a Veteran" Photo Project. 

Once a veteran's portrait session is shot and "in the can," and their story and images are edited and done, I post them on this blog, of course. Plus, I post the photos on several places on Facebook: the Portrait of a Veteran page, and my Joseph Kreiss Photography page - both on FB.

My most recent post of Korean War veteran Melvin George drew an interesting comment from one excited Facebook viewer. It was a distant relative of that veteran. His niece. She said in the Facebook comment that she hadn't seen their Uncle in years! Suddenly, across the miles, families are brought back together! It's happened with others, too. Many friends and community members are all coming together to love and support our area veterans. Our HEROES! 

It's a true blessing for me to know that families and friends are getting reconnected though this photo project!

No comments:

Post a Comment